Another summer has passed, and there are a few clouds on the horizon.
- The Froom Ranch project is of great concern, as it impacts Chorro Creek Bog Thistle, wetlands, and violates City policy regarding the maximum elevation for development.
- The Las Pilitas quarry project appears to be coming up again now that the political balance on the Board of Supervisors has changed, but we don’t know what changes will be proposed to justify resubmission.
- The Eagle Ranch development in Atascadero seems to have taken a step backward based on financial issues with the City, but we have no specific details.
- The Avila Ranch Project in southern San Luis Obispo does not have any apparent impact on native plants.
- We have protested any changes to Carrizo Plain National Monument.
– David Chipping