Saturday, March 2, 2019, 10:00 am
Please RSVP by Sunday night, Feb. 24 (see below)
CNPS-SLO is going to SBBG! The Garden’s mission is to conserve native plants and habitats with an emphasis on vegetation communities of the Central Coast and the offshore islands. All plants used in the Garden are California natives.
Activities during the day will include:
- Departure – leave San Luis Obispo at 8:30 am. For carpools, meet at Santa Rosa Park (Santa Rosa St. at Oak St.) at 8:20 am. Or, drive yourself directly to the Garden, located at: 1212 Mission Canyon Rd., Santa Barbara. Transportation is by private vehicles, as transport using a rented van was judged to be too expensive. All participants should meet in the SBBG parking lot by 10:00 am.
- Morning – we will walk up Rattlesnake Canyon, a short drive from the Garden. We will discuss native plants and lichens in that riparian habitat. (https://www.santabarbarahikes.com/hikes/frontcountry/rattlesnake)
- Noon – bring your own lunch, we will eat on the terrace at Pritzlaff Conservation Center, overlooking the Channel Islands (https://www.sbbg.org/explore-garden/pritzlaff-conservation-center)
- After lunch – we will tour the Garden’s research labs and herbarium (https://www.sbbg.org/explore-garden/pritzlaff-conservation-center/herbarium)
- Mid-afternoon – we will participate in a Lichen Workshop with the new hire, Dr. Rikke Reese Næsborg (see pg. 20, http://californialichens.org/bulletin/CALS_2014_21-1.0900.pdf)
- Evening – return to San Luis Obispo
Are you interested in going? Please RSVP by sending an e-mail to Bill Waycott (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Sunday night, Feb. 24 so we can get an idea of how many people to expect. Please indicate if you want to carpool. Thanks!
Workshop Questionnaire For members who have not had a chance to complete the workshop questionnaire, please use the link below. We are eager to know your thoughts and ideas regarding a series of CNPS workshops to be coordinated by our chapter. Thank you for your participation. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/32CL6LQ