- 0909.June.SundayNo events
- 1010.June.MondayNo events
- 1111.June.TuesdayNo events
- 1212.June.WednesdayNo events
- 1313.June.ThursdayNo events
- 1414.June.FridayNo events
Saturday, June 15th, 9:00 am, Arroyo de la Cruz, North SLO County
This field trip visits one of the “hottest” spots for botanical diversity in San Luis Obispo Co. Our leaders D.R. “Doc” Miller and Elizabeth Appel will lead us on a tour of several unique species located on these coastal bluffs. The Arroyo de la Cruz area features a variety of plant communities and a number of endemic, and rare plants found only in this relatively small area.
Meet at the Elephant Seal Overlook (first entrance on the left going north) at 9:00 am. For those wanting to carpool from the south, meet in the Santa Rosa Park parking lot in San Luis Obispo at 8:00 am.
The field trip will last roughly 3 hours. Bring adequate water, snacks, and dress in layers for the weather; a hat and sturdy shoes are advised.
For more information, contact: Bill 805-459-2103. No dogs please.
Researchers have discovered that Phytophthora ramorum, the pathogen that causes SOD, spreads most often on infected California bay laurel leaves. Some management options are available, but they are effective only if implemented before oaks and tanoaks are infected; hence, timely detection of the disease on bay laurel leaves is essential for a successful proactive attempt to slow down the SOD epidemic.
CNPS-SLO Annual SOD Blitz
The SOD Blitz informs and educates the community about the disease and its effects, gets locals involved in detecting the disease, and produces detailed local maps of disease distribution. The map can then be used to identify those areas where the infestation may be mild enough to justify proactive management.
- A community meeting/training session held on a Friday evening in May, followed by collection of leaf samples by volunteers on Saturday and Sunday.
- Samples and accompanying forms are then turned in at a central location Saturday and Sunday afternoon/evenings.
- We provide a list of recommended areas for sampling at the meeting and divide into groups.
PLANT SALE FUNDRAISER
We provide refreshments and table settings and we ask that you bring your own eating utensils (although plastic utensils are available).
Tickets at $10 per person are available for purchase on our website or if you prefer, you may send payment to D. Krause, 2706 Newton Drive, Cambria, CA, 93428.
Questions? Contact David Krause at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-927-5182 for information about our next banquet.