Search this site
View Posts by Category
- 01http://cnpsslo.org/event/november-chapter-meeting/7:00 pm-9:00 pm11-01-2018SLO Vets Hall801 Grand Ave, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401, USA
CHAPTER MEETING Nov. 1st 2018 – Thursday – 7:00 pm
Veterans Hall, Monterey and Grand, SLO
Mixer and Browse Sales Table 7:00 pm, Program 7:30 pm
PLANT PROPAGATION by ELLIOT PAULSON
Elliot graduated from Cal Poly in business finance, and horticulture. He established Clearwater Color Nursery in 1987, where he grows annual color, vegetables, Mediterranean type perennials, and succulents along with California Natives. Plants are propagated in plugs, packs and pots both by seed and asexual cuttings. Elliot will tell us what works and what
doesn’t work. He will also engage other plant propagators in the audience. Along with his wife Megan, he runs the nursery on Los Osos Valley road with 13 dedicated employees. The nursery delivers plant material to local retail nurseries, the Central Valley, and Santa Barbara county.
- 03http://cnpsslo.org/event/native-plant-sale-2/9:00 am-2:00 pm11-03-2018Pacific Beach High School11950 Los Osos Valley Rd, San Luis Obispo, CA 93405, USA
It’s the annual event you’ve been waiting for. Create your drought-tolerant native garden with help from CNPS-SLO!
Local native plant enthusiasts are hosting a sale of water-thrifty California Native Plants. Tips and advice for all garden situations available at no additional charge.
Hundreds of plant varieties for yards and gardens will be available. Many are excellent for attracting birds and butterflies to your garden. Native plants are adapted to this area so they save water, and reduce the need for pesticides and fertilizers.
- 15http://cnpsslo.org/event/cnpsslo-board-meeting-5/6:00 pm-8:00 pm11-15-2018Copelands Health Education Pavilion at French Hospital1911 Johnson Ave, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401, USA
We hope to see you there
- 15http://cnpsslo.org/event/cnpsslo-board-meeting-5-2/6:00 pm-8:00 pm11-15-2018Copelands Health Education Pavilion at French Hospital1911 Johnson Ave, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401, USA
We hope to see you there
- 18http://cnpsslo.org/event/mountain-bike-ride/All day11-18-2018Templeton Dog Park1010 Semillon Ln, Templeton, CA 93465, USA
Sunday, November 18th, 9:00 am, Mountain bike ride, Santa Rita Road, Templeton.
Meet in the Templeton Dog Park parking lot, located at the corner of Vineyard Drive and Semillion Lane. The group will ride along Santa Rita Road to the summit, about 14 miles round trip, with a gradual 1,200 elevation gain. This ride passes through some of the most pristine riparian landscapes in San Luis Obispo Co. and will be a perfect time to view trees in fall color. Bring a mountain bike, helmet, adequate water, and snacks. No RSVP needed, and no dogs please. For more information, contact Bill, 805-459-2103. Rain cancels.