- 2626.January.SundayNo events
- 2727.January.MondayNo events
- 2828.January.TuesdayNo events
- 2929.January.WednesdayNo events
- 3030.January.ThursdayNo events
- 3131.January.FridayNo events
Saturday, Feb. 1st, 8:30 am
This is a strenuous hike of 16 miles and 2,500 ft. elevation gain and will likely take most of the day. Carpool in front of the Pacific Beverage Co. in Santa Margarita at 8:00 am or meet at the Rinconada trailhead at 8:30 am. The Rinconada trailhead is located on Pozo Road, 2.5 miles southeast of the Santa Margarita Lake Road intersection and is well marked with signage just ahead of a righthand turn. Be sure to bring adequate water and food, a hat, sturdy shoes, and dress in layers for the weather. There will be a couple of stream crossings, so please bring either waterproof shoes, or flipflops/sandals. Also, there will be poison oak. Dogs are welcome on a leash. Contact Bill, 805-459-2103.
Rain or the threat of rain cancels.
Researchers have discovered that Phytophthora ramorum, the pathogen that causes SOD, spreads most often on infected California bay laurel leaves. Some management options are available, but they are effective only if implemented before oaks and tanoaks are infected; hence, timely detection of the disease on bay laurel leaves is essential for a successful proactive attempt to slow down the SOD epidemic.
CNPS-SLO Annual SOD Blitz
The SOD Blitz informs and educates the community about the disease and its effects, gets locals involved in detecting the disease, and produces detailed local maps of disease distribution. The map can then be used to identify those areas where the infestation may be mild enough to justify proactive management.
- A community meeting/training session held on a Friday evening in May, followed by collection of leaf samples by volunteers on Saturday and Sunday.
- Samples and accompanying forms are then turned in at a central location Saturday and Sunday afternoon/evenings.
- We provide a list of recommended areas for sampling at the meeting and divide into groups.
PLANT SALE FUNDRAISER
We provide refreshments and table settings and we ask that you bring your own eating utensils (although plastic utensils are available).
Tickets at $10 per person are available for purchase on our website or if you prefer, you may send payment to D. Krause, 2706 Newton Drive, Cambria, CA, 93428.
Questions? Contact David Krause at email@example.com or 805-927-5182 for information about our next banquet.