Dedicated to the preservation of California's native plants
The mission of the California Native Plant Society is to increase understanding and appreciation of California’s native plants and to conserve them and their natural habitats through education, science, advocacy, horticulture and land stewardship.
Native Plant Sale & Fundraiser
Saturday November 4 | 9am-2pm
Pacific Beach High parking lot (next to Target)
Local native plant enthusiasts are hosting a sale of water-thrifty California Native Plants. Tips and advice for all garden situations available at no additional charge.
It’s the annual event you’ve been waiting for
Create your drought-tolerant native garden with help from CNPS-SLO!
Hundreds of plant varieties for yards and gardens will be available. Many are excellent for attracting birds and butterflies to your garden. Native plants are adapted to this area so they save water, and reduce the need for pesticides and fertilizers.
ANNOUNCING THE CNPS 2018 CONSERVATION CONFERENCE – SAVE THE DATE!read more
PROPOSED CLIMATE CHANGE WORKING GROUP David Chipping (firstname.lastname@example.org) The CNPS Chapter Council elected to explore how we might deal with issues associated with climate change, and a statewide working group is starting up with me as Chair. One thing I would love...read more
NEW VEGETATION COMMITTEE BEING FORMED Are you interested in vegetation sampling? Do you have a favorite plant community, alliance or association? Then please contact Melissa Mooney, chair of the newly-enlivened Vegetation/Plant Communities committee of our SLO Chapter (email: email@example.com). We’ve been in touch with Julie Evens and Jennifer Buck of the State CNPS Vegetation Program, and will be coordinating with the folks in the East Bay Chapter who are doing similar work. First order of business will be to prioritize what communities need focus for possible assessment and mapping and lay out our goals. Serpentine communities? Morro manzanita maritime chaparral? Valley Oak Savanna? Get those ideas coming and lets do some sampling!
- 1717.April.MondayNo events
- 1818.April.Tuesday3740 Orcutt Rd, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401, USAhttp://cnpsslo.org/event/growing-grounds-farm-plant-sale/3740 Orcutt Rd, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401, USA
Growing Grounds Farm is a non-profit wholesale nursery located in San Luis Obispo. Growing Grounds offers California natives, Mediterranean perennials, succulents, restoration and mitigation plants, a wide variety of grasses, and a selection of perennial herbs.
Growing Grounds Farm is a wholesale nursery and does not sell directly to the public except on the 3rd Tuesday of each month from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m
- 1919.April.WednesdayNo events
- 2020.April.Thursday6901 Capistrano Ave, Atascadero, CA 93422, USAhttp://cnpsslo.org/event/workshop-identifying-invasive-oak-pests-and-diseases-in-san-luis-obispo-county/6901 Capistrano Ave, Atascadero, CA 93422, USAApril 20, 2017 @ Atascadero Library 6555 Capistrano Ave, Atascadero, CA 93422**FREE Workshop & DPR CEU’s are applied for**Agenda:1:00 pm – 1:15 pm Check-In1:15 pm – 1:30 pm Welcome and Introductions Lauren Brown, California Native Plant Society, San Luis Obispo County1:30 pm – 2:15 pm Goldspotted Oak Borer: Life Cycle, Identification and Management Speaker: Kevin Turner and Kim Corella, Cal Fire2:15 pm – 3:00 pm Identification, Impact and Management of Shot Hole Borer Speaker: Akif Eskalen, University of California, Riverside3:00 pm – 3:15 pm Break3:15 pm – 4:00 pm Sudden Oak Death: Identification and Management Speaker: Kerri Frangioso, University of California, Davis4:00 pm – 4:30 pm Questions for speakers
- 2121.April.Friday9315 Pismo Ave, Atascadero, CA 93422, USAhttp://cnpsslo.org/event/atascadero-lake-native-garden-ribbon-cutting/9315 Pismo Ave, Atascadero, CA 93422, USA
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
Special Guest Speaker: Penny Nyunt, daughter of Bert Wilson, owner of Las Pilitas Nursery
- 2222.April.Saturday9315 Pismo Ave, Atascadero, CA 93422, USAhttp://cnpsslo.org/event/atascadero-lake-native-garden-open-house/9315 Pismo Ave, Atascadero, CA 93422, USA
- 2323.April.Sunday927-999 Osage St, Nipomo, CA 93444, USAhttp://cnpsslo.org/event/nipomo-native-garden-spring-garden-tour/927-999 Osage St, Nipomo, CA 93444, USA
Nipomo Native Garden Spring Garden Tour offers a delightful afternoon of garden tours, talks, and a children’s program
1:30 Controlling Gophers in the Garden – Gopher biology, habits, hearsay
2:00 Using Drought Tolerant Native Plants in the Garden
3:00 Controlling Gophers again – a popular subject
Children’s Garden Program
Puppet making: All the fixings available to make your own puppet
Flower Pounding: Kids can make a lovely bookmark to take home
Kids can also enjoy the regular activities available in the Children’s Garden:- the sandbox, the wishing tree, hopscotch, and looking for insects and other critters in the Bug House.